Home > Transfers > Pre War Vehicles

Lanchester Transfers

First built in 1928, there were only 35 production vehicles completed. They started work  with 11th Hussars in the early 1930s before being passed on to 12th Hussars in 1934.  With 12th Hussars, they served abroad as peace-keeping troops in the Saar in 1935 and then on desert trials in Egypt in 1936.  With Army expansion after the Munich Crisis, seven were given to the 23rd Armoured Car Company (Sharpshooters).  Two others were given to the Derbyshire Yeomanry.  In 1941 22 Lanchesters were sent out to Singapore where they took part in the type’s only combat deployment with 2nd Argyll & Sutherland Highlanders in the famous action at the Johore Straits.

The sole surviving Lanchester is now housed at the Tank Museum, Bovington. 


Price: £3.50

Customer Reviews
Write an online review and share your thoughts with other shoppers!


Dan Taylor Modelworks | terms & conditions / Privacy Policy | sitemap

Online Shop by Mint Web design - Web Design Kent